What will aeration do for my lawn?
- As lawns age or sustain heavy use from play, sports activities, pets, vehicle traffic or parking, soil compaction can result. Soil compacting forces are most severe in poorly drained or wet sites. Compaction greatly reduces the pore space within the soil that would normally hold air. Roots require oxygen to grow and absorb nutrients and water. Compaction reduces total pore space and the amount of air within the soil. It has a negative impact on nutrient uptake and water infiltration, in addition to being a physical barrier to root growth. This results in poor top growth and lawn deterioration.
Core aeration can benefit your lawn by:
– Increasing the activity of soil microorganisms that decompose thatch.
– Increasing water, nutrient and oxygen movement into the soil
– Improving rooting.
– Enhancing infiltration of rainfall or irrigation.
– Helping prevent fertilizer and pesticide run-off from overly compacted areas.
What else I need to know?
– Be sure to mark your sprinkler heads, shallow lines from sprinkler lines, and underground utilities before aerating so they will not be damaged.
– Soil cores are best left on the lawn surface; they will typically work back into the grass in 2-4 weeks.
– Lawns should be aerated once a year.
For more information please visit: HealthyLawnNJ.com
“Chose Custom Landscaping to mow my parents lawn as a gift. My dad says he loves it and will likely bring them back next year. Excellent customer service, reliable & clean work. Would obviously recommend.”
– Pete Z
“Frank, Frank Jr. and the staff at Custom Lawn Care are amazing at what they do. I am CONSTANTLY getting compliments on my lawn. Their work is meticulous and done with pride. I’ve been using them for 7 years and have never had a problem! Thanks Custom!!”
– Amy Dejesus
“Great experience and love working with them. Extremely personable and communication is great! I love working with them and look forward to the future!”
– Derek W
Frequently Asked Questions
Mowing schedules are predetermined, specific days cannot be chosen.
2. You may call or text our office at (732) 238-8330We encourage you to NOT try and communicate your needs with our staff while at your home because they often times do not have the ability to notate your account and oftentimes this will create an issue down the road, however, you are more than welcome to do so and we will always do our very best to ensure your needs are met.
All of our services are guaranteed. If you are not happy with a service performed on your property contact us right away. Depending on the need we will:1. Send a supervisor out to have a look and fix the issue. 2. Send the crew back to fix the issue. 3. Set up a meeting with a supervisor to get the issue resolved. 4. Correct the issue on the next scheduled visit. 5. Schedule a supervisor to meet the crew at your property to correct the issue.