What is a cross-connection?
- A cross-connection is any temporary or permanent connection between a public water system or consumer’s potable (i.e., drinking) water system and any source or system containing non-potable water or other substances. An example is the piping between a public water system or consumer’s potable water system and an auxiliary water system, cooling system, or irrigation system.
What is a backflow preventer?
- A backflow preventer is a means of mechanism to prevent backflow. The basic means of preventing backflow is an air gap, which either eliminates a cross-connection or provides a barrier to backflow. The basic mechanism for preventing backflow is a mechanical backflow preventer, which provides a physical barrier to backflow. The principal types of mechanical backflow preventers are the reduced-pressure principle assembly, the pressure vacuum breaker assembly, and the double check valve assembly. A secondary type of mechanical backflow preventer is the residential dual check valve.
What is a pressure vacuum breaker (PVB) assembly?
- A PVB assembly is a mechanical preventer that consists of an independently acting, spring-loaded check valve and an independently acting, spring-loaded, air inlet valve on the discharge side of the check valve. It includes shutoff valves at each end of the assembly and is equipped with test cocks. A PVB may be used to isolate non-health hazards, but is effective against backsiphonage only.
How much will the test cost?
- The price of testing the backflow preventer varies according to the size of the backflow preventer. Sizes range anywhere from 3/4″ – 1.5″. Please call our office to inquire about pricing.
“Chose Custom Landscaping to mow my parents lawn as a gift. My dad says he loves it and will likely bring them back next year. Excellent customer service, reliable & clean work. Would obviously recommend.”
– Pete Z
“Frank, Frank Jr. and the staff at Custom Lawn Care are amazing at what they do. I am CONSTANTLY getting compliments on my lawn. Their work is meticulous and done with pride. I’ve been using them for 7 years and have never had a problem! Thanks Custom!!”
– Amy Dejesus
“Great experience and love working with them. Extremely personable and communication is great! I love working with them and look forward to the future!”
– Derek W
Frequently Asked Questions
Mowing schedules are predetermined, specific days cannot be chosen.
2. You may call or text our office at (732) 238-8330We encourage you to NOT try and communicate your needs with our staff while at your home because they often times do not have the ability to notate your account and oftentimes this will create an issue down the road, however, you are more than welcome to do so and we will always do our very best to ensure your needs are met.
All of our services are guaranteed. If you are not happy with a service performed on your property contact us right away. Depending on the need we will:1. Send a supervisor out to have a look and fix the issue. 2. Send the crew back to fix the issue. 3. Set up a meeting with a supervisor to get the issue resolved. 4. Correct the issue on the next scheduled visit. 5. Schedule a supervisor to meet the crew at your property to correct the issue.